This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. It constitutes Midland Imports Ltd. (Midland Imports)’ slavery and human trafficking statement, covering the activities of Midland Imports- Trading as The Flag Wholesaler- which procure goods and services from and form part of Midland Imports’ supply chain.
We have a modest team of staff, based in the United Kingdom. Our staff are largely directly employed and are not in any category which is generally seen to be vulnerable to modern slavery in this country, so our focus is to ensure there are policies and procedures in place for our suppliers.
Our Supply Chain
Midland Imports is committed to continuously improving its practices to identify and eliminate any slavery and human trafficking in its business and supply chains, and to acting ethically and with integrity in all its business relationships.
Midland Imports uses a range of suppliers who supply goods for sale, provide services and support our operations.
Midland Imports has a number of requirements of its suppliers, which aim to minimise the risk of modern slavery in our supply chain. At a minimum, these include:
- Suppliers must ensure that working conditions are adequate, and that washing and rest room facilities are accessible.
- In line with the legal requirement of country in which the supplier is based, no children may be employed if below the legal minimum age.
- Hours of work must be within the legal limit of the supplier’s local country. Any overtime must be compensated to staff at a premium rate, and optional to the staff.
- Minimum wage or above must be paid to all staff, as required in the country of the supplier.
- Procedures and policies must be in place to ensure the safety of staff health and safety. Furthermore, medical care from a qualified first aid officer must be available on the premises during working hours.
- Employees are free to choose to leave work, and end their employment after giving suitable notice. There must be no involuntary or forced labour.
- Female employees have a right to maternity leave, and this must be made available.
- Staff representatives must be allowed to access the workplace, conduct their business and carry out any representative function.
Midland Imports will continue to monitor suppliers we believe present high modern slavery risks in our supply chain. Should a supplier fail to provide the information requested to meet Midland Import’s expectations, Midland Imports will take appropriate action, which may include not entering into a relationship or terminating the relationship with the supplier concerned.
Midland Imports will continue to enhance our procedures to help us identify, prevent and mitigate any risks of modern slavery or human trafficking
This product requires an option. Before clicking continue please make sure any unsaved items are added to the cart.